A Carbon offset is a way to compensate for your emissions by funding an equivalent carbon dioxide saving elsewhere. Our everyday actions, at home and at work, consume energy and produce carbon emissions, such as driving, flying and heating buildings. Carbon offsetting is used as one way to balance out these emissions by helping to pay for emission savings in other communities and organisations
Offsetting provides a mechanism to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions in the most cost-effective and economically-efficient manner. Offsetting plays a vital role in combating climate change, but if done in isolation it is not the solution.
Greenstream Flooring CIC are working with Exhibit C who build circularity and short supply chains through accrediting, aggregating and trading carbon savings to fund community groups to both sustain and scale their activities. These carbon savings are then traded to corporate offset partners.
What is it?
- UK-based tool
- UK-based savings generated by Greenstream Flooring CIC (avoids carbon colonialism, simpler system and shorter supply chain)
- Carbon savings generated in the tile industry serving as offsets for the tile industry
How it works?
- Greenstream Flooring CIC generates carbon savings by offering EoL solutions
- Exhibit C externally quantifies these savings through verified methodologies
- Bloci Carbon sell the carbon offsets at the market carbon price through blockchain(transparent, traceable and non-duplicable)
- These offsets can be purchased to balance carbon accounts and as short term carbon mitigation solutions
You can download an overview of how the process works here.
To purchase our carbon credits and find out more about carbon credits head over the Bloci Carbon.
More information about Exhbit C can be found on their website. Other organisations working with Exhbit C include Repair Cafe Wales, Benthyg, Llais y Goedwig, Fare Share Cymru and Hiut Denim.