Meet the Team - Greg Curtis, senior fitter
We are highlighting members of our team over the next few months as we could not do what we do at Greenstream without the commitment from all our staff.
We support employability and provide work opportunities for local people by creating prospects through sustainable employment and we are proud of the work our team do and how they develop over time with us.
Over the next few months we will be asking members of our staff to answer a number of questions, and to give us their answers, in their own words, which will hopefully provide some insight into what it's like to work at Greenstream Flooring.
Second is Greg who joined in 2017.
1. Why did you choose to apply for a job with Greenstream?
I chose to apply for a job at Greenstream as it was a local company and offered a great apprenticeship opportunity.
2. You joined Greenstream in 2017. How’s it gone so far?
I haven't looked back since starting working here. It's been a lot of learning but a lot of enjoyment also.
3. What’s the team like to work with?
The team are brilliant to work with, everyone is friendly and willing to help - not a day goes by without some laughs.
4. How do you like dealing with the general public?
I deal with the general public every day, due to my job role. I used to hate dealing with customers or unfamiliar people as it would make me anxious, but now love the day to day customer interactions.
5. What has been the most important lesson you have learnt so far?
I think one of the most important things I have learnt is that communication between colleagues makes the difference and keeps things running smoothly.
6. What is the best bit about your job?
I personally enjoy every aspect of my job, but to me the best bit is seeing a genuinely happy customer at the end of the job.
7. How would you describe the office environment?
I'm not in the office much so can't really comment on office life, but when I am in the office everything seems fine. Everyone just gets on with what they need to do.
8. Did you know that carpet could be recycled before you joined Greenstream; and how do you feel now about recycling?
No I didn't know carpet could be recycled, and I've always felt strongly about recycling and the damages non recycling can do.
9. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
In 5 years time I'm hoping to still be with the company, but hopefully we will have a bigger fitting team and go on to bigger projects.
10. What’s been your proudest moment?
I think personally my proudest moment at Greenstream was most probably the first job I did by myself. It was only a landing and stairs, but knowing I could complete the job to a high standard without any supervision or help, was a great feeling.